The Oslo city bikes open up early.
Today, the 18th of March, our city bikes stations will open two weeks before the original date, and 800 bikes will be available at all of our 245 stations. The remaining bikes will be rolled out continuously.
We have been urged by the City of Oslo to accelerate the start of the city cycle season 2020, as a concrete measure to limit the transmission of Covid-19. By providing several different options for transportation, people can more easily spread out and variate their way of travelling around town.
Stay healthy and help slow the spread of Covid-19.
To prevent the spread of Covid-19 through the city bikes, we encourage all our users to follow the advice of the Norwegian authorities to prevent infection:
- Wash your hands thoroughly before AND after a city bike ride with soap and lukewarm water, alternatively use a disinfectant containing alcohol.
- Feel free to wear gloves.
- Avoid touching your face during and after a ride without first washing / disinfecting your hands.
- Cough or sneeze in the elbow or in a paper towel.
- Keep a minimum distance of 1 meter from other users.
- If possible, use the app and not the screen to unlock the bike.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
The city bikes are used by many – on average, by six to seven people every single day. Please take care of yourself and others by following these guidelines.
If you are interested in a subscription, download the Oslo City Bicycle app (Oslo Bysykkel), or visit our website: www.oslobysykkel.no.
Have a great city bike season and be safe!