We have been urged by the City of Oslo to accelerate the start of the city cycle season 2020, as a concrete measure to limit the transmission of Covid-19. By providing several different options for transportation, people can more easily spread out and variate their way of travelling around town.
Stay healthy and help slow the spread of Covid-19.
To prevent the spread of Covid-19 through the city bikes, we encourage all our users to follow the advice of the Norwegian authorities to prevent infection:
- Wash your hands thoroughly before AND after a city bike ride with soap and lukewarm water, alternatively use a disinfectant containing alcohol.
- Feel free to wear gloves.
- Avoid touching your face during and after a ride without first washing / disinfecting your hands.
- Cough or sneeze in the elbow or in a paper towel.
- Keep a minimum distance of 1 meter from other users.
- If possible, use the app and not the screen to unlock the bike.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
The city bikes are used by many – on average, by six to seven people every single day. Please take care of yourself and others by following these guidelines.
If you are interested in a subscription, download the Oslo City Bicycle app (Oslo Bysykkel), or visit our website: www.oslobysykkel.no.
Have a great city bike season and be safe!